Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hennes and who?

What does one wear to a Jamaican themed rooftop party? Dreadlocks? Rasta hat? A bobsled? Maybe just a big marijuana leaf?

Unfortunately I had none of these things in my carefully packed luggage. Secondly being new to town and this being my first ‘model party’ I thought rocking up looking like Bob Marley might be a bit keen. I literally I had nothing to wear. Yes I had a whole wardrobe of clothes but nothing that seemed right.

So when my roomies suggested a trip to H&M I jumped with excitement.

Hennes&Mauritnotz better known as H&M was established in Sweden in 1947. Since then it has rapidly expanded and now has over 2000 stores in 37 markets around the world. Unfortunately Australia isn’t one of them. We are seriously missing out.

H&M collections are created with their broad clientele in mind. As such there is everything from great basics to sportswear to high fashion. The women’s section took up two levels. I wanted to buy everything even the maternity section had some cute stuff. This is one of the few chain stores I’ve been to that is not over priced. The material and workman ship are decent and the clothes actually fit.

I picked up an awesome kiss inspired tee for just $100 HK dollar

s about 16 Aussie and a “Jamaican inspired” necklace for HK$50. They have a killer swimwear section; really cute materials and styles. Better still they have sizes ranging from 34 through to 46. I know I sound like a bad late-night infomercial but I really can’t get over the prices. Bikini tops are just HK$49 that’s about $8.

So for all those lucky ones jetting off to Europe and abroad if there’s a H&M I recommend taking your credit card for a little work out. While its not top end designer I think everyone will find something they love.

Check out the magazine at


www.eyemagonline.net


Ps. Jamaican party theme apparently translates to 'wear black' in the model world- I didn’t get the memo!


1 comment:

  1. oh bree i can just imagine you standing out like a sore thumb! i am straight to hm once in london town.. but maybe a quick stop to top shop first :)

    ReplyDelete